Luke Bennett grew up around animals. His grandfather used to run a ranch in Honeycomb Valley and his dad had one in Appaloosa Plains, where Luke and his sisters grew up. When his grandfather died, someone needed to take over the Honeycomb Valley ranch. Luke was more than eager to follow in his grandfather’s footsteps! He immediately packed up his things and moved with his dog Boy and his own horse Spider. Luke’s ranch is also home to Raven and Sparrow, Jacqueline and Anna Newman‘s horses, and to Snow and Travalda; originally owned by Luke’s grandfather.
- Age: Young Adult
- Born: October 1980
- Traits: Social butterfly, Equestrian, Loves the outdoors, Vegetarian, Handy
- Job: Horseman
- Zodiac: Libra
- Father: Mr. Bennett
- Mother: Mrs. Bennett
- Siblings: Jennifer, Melissa, Amanda
- Children: –
- Other family: –
- Best friend(s): –
- Romance history: Luke was always popular with the girls, but horses were always his biggest love. Until he met Susie, that is. He was head over heels, almost immediately, but it took her a while to warm up to him and get over their age difference. Luckily, she eventually did.
Susie (Susannah) Watson loves 50’s and 60’s style fashion, horses (a passion she shares with her niece) and being creative. Susie lived in Bridgeport for years with her boyfriend Craig. Susie loves painting pottery and creating other home decorations and always dreamt of opening her own shop selling her creations. But like Craig always said; dreams don’t pay the bills. So, Susie got a job writing for one of the Bridgeport newspapers and her dream of her own shop got shelved next to her other dream of being a mother. And then it all came crashing down and Susie was left in her thirties, unemployed, single, still not a mother and back living with her parents. What happened, you ask? Read on. It’s all revealed under Susie’s romance history. Luckily for her, her luck turned when she moved back to HV. She met Luke…
- Age: Young adult
- Born: August 1969
- Traits: Artistic, loves the outdoors, family oriented, equestrian, great kisser
- Job: School administrator at The Beehive
- Father: Michael
- Mother: Nancy
- Siblings: Lucy
- Children: –
- Other family: Kyra (niece), Nathan, Nick (nephews)
- Best friend(s): –
- Romance history: Susie met Craig at a university gathering. Susie was studying literature and Craig studied law. She loved Craig, she loved him dearly and oh, the things we do for love. Susie couldn’t wait to start a family with Craig and waited and waited and waited for the day he would ask her to marry him. That day never came though, despite Craig’s promises of “one day”. Craig spent most his time at his father’s lawfirm though, where he made partner in 02. Craig worked overtime more and more and constantly had social events to go to. Susie often went with him but always felt rather out of place. And then there was that one time. That evening in May 04 when they went to yet another one of the firm’s “gatherings”. Susie wasn’t feeling well and went looking for Craig to tell him she was going home. She found him. Yes, she found him alright. In a far off corner of the hallway. With his coworker Sandrine. And the things they were doing… Well, let’s just say his hands were hiding somewhere up Sandrine’s skirt… After this, Craig had the nerve to tell Susie it was not him, it was her. Sandrine was more… “his kind of people”, you know. And maybe it was best if Susie moved out.
In HV she met Luke. It was clear early on that he liked her a lot. But Susie worried about their age difference. He was only just 20 (he was 24) and she was nearly 40 (she was 35)! It just couldn’t happen! Luckily the battle between Susie’s heart and her mind was eventually won by her heart…
In bold where (one of the sims in) this family has a main part.
* March 04: March Merriment
* June 04: New Beginnings
* August 04: Meanwhile, in Honeycomb Valley…
* September 04: Brand New
* October 04: Is it Scary…?
* November 04: Courtship
* December 04: …and a Happy New Year!
* January 05: Ice, Ice Baby
* March 05: The Honeycomb Valley Athletic Festival
* April 05: Spring Surprises
* May 05: Changes
* October 05: Moving On
* November 05: To the Hills!
* December 05: Come Together
* January 06: Life and Death